Friday, January 10, 2014

SIGNING OFF



After we thanked everyone, in attendance or not, the party was allowed to seek its own identity. We were able to socialize a bit and see how everyone else was faring on such a magical day. I went to the bar to get my very own Eternitini. As I was waiting for the concoction to be prepared, I inquired of a friend if he had had a chance to try one. He said they were tasty but got a bit sweet after eight. Let the love flow. This may be unrelated, but a couple hours later, it was discovered that one could make the sound equipment skip by jumping and landing in a certain spot on the dance floor. This provided a good fifteen minutes of entertainment and signaled that our time to depart had come.

We made it out front and into the awaiting limo. I held her hand, and we began our glorious ride into ever after.

“Do you think everyone had fun?” she asked.

“Everyone I spoke to loved it. Was it your dream wedding?”

“It was perfect.”

We kissed, and the limo stopped. The convenient location of the hotel, around the corner, had made our glorious ride into the ever after gloriously short, at least the limo portion of it.

“We should have told him to go around the block a couple of times,” I said.

“Next time, we are going straight to the airport,” she replied.

“Next time?”

I don’t remember anything after that.
- Drew Lloyd
From "Will You?" to "I Do.": A Groom's Tale of Survival

No comments:

Post a Comment